When a person goes missing, it is essential to start the investigation into a missing person’s case immediately.
There is no waiting period to report a missing person!
You can assist the SAPS when reporting a missing person by following these steps:
- Report a missing person at SAPS Fish Hoek CSC immediately.
- Produce a recent photograph of the missing person, if possible.
- Give a complete description of the missing person’s last whereabouts, clothes that they were wearing, as well as any information that can assist the investigating officer.
- Complete and sign a SAPS 55(A) form. This form safeguards the SAPS from hoax reports and indemnifies the SAPS to distribute the photograph and information of the missing person.
- Obtain the investigating officer’s contact details, and send any additional information that might become available.
If a missing person is found or returns voluntarily, inform the investigating officer immediately. A SAPS 92 form must be completed to inform the Bureau of Missing Persons that the missing person’s report can be removed from the circulation system.
You may also wish to obtain the assistance of ….
The Pink Ladies is an NGO (Section 21) Company, established for the primary purpose of reuniting missing and endangered children and loved ones with their families and/or caregivers.
They are registered in accordance with the Company Laws of the Republic of South Africa under Reg. No. 2007/018067/08 and can be contacted via:
National Emergency cell numbers:
072 214 7439 / 083 378 4882
(Missing Persons Reports Only)
email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com